Monday, May 9, 2011

Ahnu Tilden II: Great Hybrid Shoe Promotes Wellness


Too cold for sandals but too hot for shoes?  Check out these hybrid Ahnu Tilden II's.  The sole offers a lot of traction and shock absorption and the ventilation makes it perfect for Spring or cooler summer mornings.  You can start out with socks and take them off as you warm up, or put them back on in the evening if it gets too chilly.  This is ideal for people living in climates that change quickly (hello fellow Pacific North-westerners).  They're great for hiking, biking and other outdoor activities. 

This is a foot-flattering shoe, if you like for your foot to look smaller (something unusual in performance shoes), this is your shoe.  The mesh is soft and breathable and you can customize your fit with a lock down system as opposed to laces, very simple.  The loop on the back strap makes it easy to get on and off and the reinforced toe box makes them great for the trails.  Ahnu utilizes their own Numentum technology which is meant to increase comfort and stability.  Because of their versatility and durability, I think these would be fabulous for travel.  I can think of a few times I wish I'd had a shoe like this with me and I can't wait to hit the road with them.

Ahnu is the namesake of the Mother Earth-like Celtic Goddess of balance and well being, in case you are wondering.  This is appropriate since they employ sustainability and ethical supply chain practices in addition to their philosophy promoting a balanced life.   Ahnu has partnered with the Breast Cancer Fund to raise money for their Prevention Mission, donating a portion of sales to the cause.

2 comments:

Dottie said...

Those look great. I love my Keen Commuter sandals, but they're not the best for any serious walking. I should check these out.

Eco Mama said...

I'm a huge fan of Keen, these are working out great for me too. Thanks for visiting Dottie.
xo
Eco Mama