Monday, November 11, 2013

Get Cozy with Horny Toad Blushfire

Starting to get chilly?  Horny Toad has the most wonderful fleece for cold weather coziness.  Their Blushfire Fleece is so butter soft, furry and plush, it's sure to become a winter favorite.  The Blushfire Pant is comfortable and warm, perfect for hanging out at camp or at home.  The fit is true to size, a tiny bit long on me with a 31" inseam (I'm 5'5), but doable, especially with shoes.  I wear an 8/10 and the medium is a good fit.  There's some give, and a drawstring inside to adjust the waist.  Two pockets on the back add style and make them less sweat-pant looking and more street-wear.

The Blushfire Hoodie is super cuddly, so prepare for people wanting to touch you when you wear it.  The hood comes up in the front to keep your neck warm.  And I do mean Warm.  This thing is toasty, so wear a layer underneath so you can take it off if you get too hot.  I love the Dark Smoke, which is a soothing gray blue slate color, and the softness is just pure heaven.

Both are really nice post-swim.  I swim laps on weekends and when I'm finished, I love slipping into this warm soft fabric before heading out with wet hair.  They are bulky pieces, particularly the hoodie, so I wouldn't recommend them for travel if you are doing carry-on, but for car camping, and winter weather, they are divine.  Horny Toad is an eco-minded company with well made stuff; find Blushfire fleece and more wonderful pieces HERE