Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Barleans Vegan Omega Swirl Delicious

Want a quality Omega supplement that actually tastes good?  Barlean's Vegan Omega Swirls are delicious, too delicious.  I don't know about you, but I find even the vegan omegas somehow have a fishy taste and they're kind of hard to get down.  I could never find one I liked until now.  And not only that, but my six year old loves it (in a different dosage, check Barlean's website for child appropriate does).  I am totally sold on this product and this will be my new source for EFA's.

Omegas or EFA's (essential fatty acids) are found in fish, walnuts, seeds such as flax, hemp and chia, and leafy greens and most of us tend to run deficient.  Omegas are a necessary supplement, I believe and I really limit my intake of supplements, preferring to get my nutrition from quality organic food.  However, deficiency in omegas can lead to mental fog, depression, hyper activity in kids, lack of focus, dry skin, and other maladies.  Barlean's is a family owned business located in the Pacific Northwest and they are known for quality and freshness.  They have a wide variety of oil, so if you are looking for a vegan option, make sure you check the label.

It's not the greatest idea to get your omegas in capsules unless you really trust the company, liquid is generally better to avoid rancidity.  Barlean's is known for freshness, and they back up their product.  I would trust them with capsules, but I prefer the swirl formulas, why not enjoy a little treat?  Also, kids can easily swallow it, whereas I would never give my son a capsule for fear of choking.  The Swirls are sweet, but sugar free, sweetened with xylitol which is known for being good for your teeth.  I can't believe I found a yummy flax oil, now I don't have to remind myself to take it, I look forward to it.  Strongly recommended!  Find it HERE.