Monday, November 14, 2011

Just in Time for the Holidays: VEGAN PIE IN THE SKY


Vegan cookbook authors Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero are so smart to release their cookbooks at this time of year filling vegan kitchens everywhere with that badly needed holiday inspiration.  Look at the new marvel, VEGAN PIE IN THE SKY, just in time for Thanksgiving!  I'm so excited!

I've been juicing and doing the Natalia Rose thing, thereby avoiding the baked goods.  But on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm going to eat whatever I want, and one look inside this book, there are several things I want.  Really WANT.  I have a standard vegan pumpkin pie recipe I use every year, but this year, it's going to be the Pumpkin Cheesecake and the Voluptuous Pumpkin Pie.  And maybe the Sweet Potato Hand Pies....so much to choose from, my son will be jumping for joy.  There is a gorgeous Frangipane Tart that would be so lovely for Christmas (fill in your own December holiday) and New Years.  Holy Cow, the photos!  Do not look at this book on an empty stomach.  And prepare to salivate.

Because I've been behaving myself, I have not tested a single recipe yet.  But I can vouch for these authors, having all their books and finding their recipes straight forward and reliable.  The layout is ideal, it's very much like Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World (and the subsequent Cookie book--both necessities for the vegan kitchen).  I love their sense of design, their books are pleasing and fun to look at, they always make me laugh, and this latest effort is right on par, you just can't look at this and not be inspired.  I can't wait to taste my first bite of pie.  Get your copy HERE.