Monday, April 25, 2011

Po Campo Armitage Satchel Bike Rack Tote


Spring is here!  That means the bike comes out of the bike shed, gets dusted off, tuned up, and off we go on new adventures.  This year I had some wonderful inspiration to get going.  Look at this super cool Armitage Satchel from Po Campo.

This is where function and design meet for a blissful union, and in an area that sorely needs it.  Making riding your bike beautiful and artful--yes!  This bag is just as lovely in person as it is in the pictures.  It's the perfect weight and feels substantial without adding unnecessary heft to your bike.  It attaches with very little effort and stays on, you can watch a very good demo video to see how easy it is and also how much it can hold here

I love the chunky silver hardware, and I especially like the big modern circles that serve to hold your strap in place over the rack.  There are reflector strips on both ends, not too noticeable for when you're using the bag for non-bike related things, which serve to strap in the tote.  I think they look cool and they help to make you stand out in traffic.  There's space for your blinkie as well. 

The outer material is a fade and water resistant material.  I haven't had it out in the rain yet, and that's just a matter of time, but I feel secure because there is a lining on the inside which looks sure to keep my stuff dry even if the outside is exposed to a heavy rain. 

There's an outer pocket perfect for your phone, a zippered inner pocket, and a detachable adjustable shoulder strap. There are loops to attach keys or additional blinkies.

This bag also easily attaches to a stroller (boy do I wish I'd had this five years ago), and holds a yoga mat, making it an incredibly versatile piece. 

Po Campo is the brainchild of two women who had a vision to blend fashion with function.  Emily and Maria own Po Campo and I love that they had a unique idea and saw it through.  They are big on community and I am big on supporting women run businesses.     I can't wait to see what they come up with next.  Find them HERE.

No comments: