Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gearing Up for Spring Break Part 1: Luggage



With Spring Break coming up and Summer just over the horizon, I've been feeling the effects of wanderlust.  It's been a while since I've traveled and I'm so excited about all the cool new travel gear that's emerged.  Things that organize and make it easier to travel, things to make the journey more comfortable, and many eco friendly options.   Stay tuned for the next few posts highlighting my exciting finds that will help make your travels more convenient and planet friendly.  Let's start with an essential--luggage.

Never have I experienced a suitcase that glides like this OSPREY SLIPSTREAM wheelie bag. I've done some serious traveling in my life and I can't believe I'm only now discovering Osprey.  This is nothing like all the schlepping of awkward gear I've done in the past (in fact I didn't even realize how awkward it was until trying this).   I love the comfortable ergonomic handle and the big wheels that glide like they're on ice.  It's effortless.

I also appreciate the well planned organization capacity.  The 18" size is perfect for a long weekend or week of travel, longer depending on how light you pack.  For me, it's perfect to take on the train for weekends in a different city.  Because of the built in laptop compartment, it would be wonderful for the business traveler.  Since it's small and extremely maneuverable, I think it would also work great for kids.

If you are flying, there is a smart liquids pocket on the top, so when you are making your way through TSA, you just pull out your baggie of little bottles (1 quart baggie with bottles 3oz or less) rather than trying to rummage through your bag.  The grab handle on the feet makes it easy for getting in and out of overhead bins, and there are compression straps in the main compartment.

The laptop sleeve is easily accessible and lockable with additional storage.  All zippers are easy to grab on to (some with rubber grips) and there's a handy dirty clothes compartment.   

Osprey is an environmentally friendly company whose packs are so exceptionally made that they have the All Mighty Guarantee repairing or replacing any product any time anywhere.  You can't beat that.  Find them HERE

No comments: