Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Natalia Rose's Detox 4 Women: It Worked for Me!

For those of you considering a cleanse or some sort of dietary change for the new year, I want to share with you the great results I got with Natalia Rose's DETOX FOR WOMEN.  I was highly motivated by the desire to get rid of chronic migraines.  My diet was already pretty pure--all organic, plant based and about half raw.  But I knew I could use some refinement and I had high hopes of solving the migraine issue.

This detox is based on Rose's experience as a (very modern and enlightened) nutritionist working with hundreds of women.  At one point, Rose became convinced that most women in this country have some degree of candida.  She created a cleanse specific to this problem and I found it very effective. There is no starving yourself, and you pretty much get to eat as much as you like--the food is just clean and easy to digest, allowing your body to release any toxic overload gently.  Since I already did a review of the book (you can read that HERE), I won't repeat myself.  But I felt compelled to come back a year later and tell you how life changing this was for me.

At first I was resistant.  I had a hard time giving up nuts and sprouted organic whole wheat bread.  And brown rice noodles and bananas....and a few other things!  It was hard at first.  But after about a week, it got easier and after a couple of months I felt so much better.  The migraines did not go away for me, but the changes did help and  my body feels so much more in balance and energetic.

I went down two sizes in my clothes without ever feeling hungry at all, it felt like I wasn't even trying and weight just melted off.  The food is nutrient dense and ultra pleasing.  In fact, this plan is so satisfying I have continued it and will eat this way forever--not that I won't enjoy things that aren't that great for me form time to time because I will.  But it's always there to go back to after over indulging (did anybody else have one cookie too many during the holidays?)

Rose's ideas really stuck with me and when something makes you feel great, you don't want to stop.  I've added other gluten free, sugar free foods, because the vegan version of the plan can get repetitive after a few months. So though it's meant to be a detox, transitioning into a few other healthy foods, you might find that a lot of these habits stay with you.  Eating this clean feels good.

I also had the pleasure of working with her protoge, Ana Ladd-Griffin who had some wonderful input and encouragement that helped me along the bumps.  If you are struggling with Candida, low energy, or any number of ailments, you might want to check out this wonderful book.  Even if you are in perfect health, Natalia Rose has some wonderful thoughts for maintaining optimal health and wellbeing, I can't say enough good things.  You can find out more on her website (check out the blog archives for some great stuff)!

5 comments:

bitt said...

glad to know it worked for you. i haven't bothered to purchase it because i didn't think it was vegan-friendly.

Eco Mama said...

She includes fish and goat cheese as options, though I disagree with this as all fish contains mercury and I don't see cheese as a clean food (see previous review). However, the other concepts are vegan and high raw and delicious and worked great for me. Maybe you could do a thumb-through at the library or bookstore and see if it's right for you? I think you might like it. Thanks for stopping by Bitt.
xo
Eco Mama

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to you found real results from this approach, I'm so curious to hear about your experience! I paged through this book and wasn't wholly impressed... But hey, different strokes for different folks. I'm glad this could help for you! :)

Anonymous said...

EMT books are meant for training Emergency medical technician (EMT) professionals. EMT is a
professional who is trained to take care of emergency medical situations like car accidents,
fires, or any other injuries occurring at home or workplace. Even though EMT professionals
perform some of the duties of a paramedic, still they are not similar to paramedic professionals.
Fire Fighter

raechel said...

Hello, I know I'm late, but can I ask what vegan foods you incorporated. I'm a bit worried about not having enough nutritional diversity with this plan as a vegan!