Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ahnu Montara Hiking Boots


Need a hiking boot for Spring and Summer?  Check out this Montara Boot from Ahnu.  I love how lightweight this boot is without compromising ankle support.  I have weak ankles and really need solid support in that area but at the same time, it's important to me that my feet don't feel like they are in a straight jacket.

Comfort is instant, no break in time here for me at all.  I sized up in these from an 8.5 and it's a perfect fit, they're super comfortable and light weight with good arch support.  They have excellent traction as well.

The lime green accents are fun and I love that these boots come in so many different colors, and not the boring "women colors" like pastels or those mauves and teals and whatnot.  These are good rich colors that are refreshing on the trail and pleasing to the eye. 

From what I understand, the Montara is also a warm boot, so it would be good for winter too, but since it's so light I think it's great for Summer.  It's also a good value, and the charcoal color (my favorite) is on sale right now at Zappos

Ahnu gets its name from the Celtic goddess of balance and well being, which I think is cool.   It's loosely translated to Mother Earth.  The company is environmentally and socially minded, and their footwear is designed to get you out the door and into nature.  The Montera boot will inspire you, find it HERE.