Monday, March 1, 2010

Teragren Bamboo Flooring



Recently I shared with you that I was out of a kitchen for a few days.  Well, the reason is that I was in the process of having new flooring installed.  Yaaay!  My floors are now absolutely glowing warm honey carmel bamboo and I'm so thrilled.  I feel like I got a whole new house, it looks much bigger and it makes such a huge improvement.

I have lived in my house over two years and the whole time I've been enduring dreadful carpet.  I love my house, but the carpet--it was an eyesore and allergen harbinger and it had to go.  I spent a long time researching different flooring options.  First I wanted bamboo, then I decided on hard wood.  Then I came back to bamboo.  I talked to different people--designers, contractors and opinions really vary about flooring.  One thing I kept hearing over and over was, "If you go with bamboo, get Teragren."  My hesitation with bamboo was about durability and formaldehyde, I also had conflicting information about which one was the most eco friendly.

I had many samples of various woods and bamboo and I literally beat the daylights out of each.  The Teragren bamboo was just as strong as the Brazilian hardwoods I was looking at and just as pretty.


Teragren's bamboo is sustainably sourced and the finishes adhere to strict safety standards.  I was impressed with Teragren's commitment to producing an eco friendly product, and after much reading and talking with knowledgeable and friendly Teragren representatives, my fears regarding formaldehyde were alleviated.

I am super happy with my bamboo floors.  They are modern, warm, and so easy to keep clean.  The striations and markings from the bamboo joints act as camouflage so you don't have to worry about every little dust speck or cookie crumb--great for those with children.  If you are looking for new flooring, I strongly recommend you check Teragren's website, right now they have some great deals on clearance flooring.  Find them HERE.

Image credits:  Teragren Website