Sunday, March 14, 2010

High Raw Detox Update


I haven't posted in a while about my high raw detox, but I am still going strong.  I thought I would spare you more endless pictures of salads with avocado and baked sweet potatoes but I do want to let you in on my progress.  More pictures will follow as my food options expand.

Slowly I am getting more energy, yaay!  That and doing something about chronic migraines were my hopes for this cleanse and I think I am making some headway, more with the energy levels than migraines but even a little progress is great.   I'm feeling very level.

My clothes are loose and I just feel all around better--emotionally, mentally and physically.  The detox was for four weeks, but I am not going to stop there.  When something is working, and you feel good, you don't want to stop.  This way of eating is practical and enjoyable for me though I will be adding nuts and more fruits and occasional other things.

I don't miss the gluten and think that is something that will be gone from my diet permanently.  My mindset about food has shifted.  My 'cheats' have not been cupcakes, but cannolini beans, macadamia nuts, brown rice pasta and mango (all in very small amounts).  I'm great with that and feel happy that I am not desiring baked goods or anything I consider unhealthy.  Will check in with you again soon, thank you for your support!

Image credit:  John Steven Fernandez

5 comments:

bitt said...

good for you! yes when you start feeling better it's hard to go back to the old way of living. a lot of people feel better off gluten. to me it's totally toxic.

maybe you can cheat with a raw cupcake or two sometime. :-)

The EcoDiva said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better ;)

I know what you mean about not wanting to go back. I can't imagine feeling the way I did on gluten, dairy etc...

I love eating the way I do now...and I agree about the cheating with raw desserts. They are AMAZING ;))

Let's make some together soon.
xoxo

celyn said...

Cannoli beans? Do you mean cannellini?

Eco Mama said...

Thank you Bitt and EcoDiva! Yes, raw food desserts will be just fine and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with that. And I want to be somewhat flexible for worthy exceptions in general.

Jocelyn--yes, it was a typo. Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo
Eco Mama

Sheena LaShay said...

I like all the pictures! It helps to see day to day someone realistically eating raw.

Also in the UnCookbook I saw a recipe for raw bubblegum. Bubblegum is sort of my dessert, I need to try that out