Monday, March 15, 2010

Indigenous Designs: Fair Trade Organic Clothing


I have recently discovered a wonderful clothing company, Indigenous Designs.  I tend to have a hard time finding organic clothes that work for me fashion-wise.  Sometimes it seems like the fashion industry doesn't quite get the market for organic clothes.  We want current fashion without the chemicals and poor labor practices at an affordable price.

Well, Indigenous Designs totally fits the bill.  My taste in clothes is clean lines, soft fabric, contemporary and comfortable, with an occasional quirky piece a la Anthropologie thrown in.   For me, Indigenous Designs is all of this and I'm so thrilled to have discovered them.  

The best part is they are responsible.  By using natural fibers, low impact dyes, and fair trade business practices with great respect for their artisans, Indigenous Designs are creating sustainable fashion.  

I got this Ruched Scoop top and I am in love with it.  It's simple and very soft, and has wonderful ruching details to add interest and femininity.  The fit is very flattering.  I can't wait to try more of their designs!  Check them out HERE.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love this shirt! Thank you for writing about this clothing line.

GeminiWisdom said...

I would love to incorporate organic clothes into my wardrobe, but they're SO expensive. And I realize it's because of the fabric being used, but still...

Unknown said...

i would love to shop this shirt on urgent basis because this looks so authentic by his color and quality.

organic clothing