Thursday, March 18, 2010

Proteak FSC Certified Organic Teak Cutting Board

Need a cutting board?  I use cutting boards of varying sizes every single day--every single meal. Proteak makes some lovely options which are FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified organic teak.

Proteak operates on a responsible and eco friendly business model.  Their forests cover over 8,000 acres of reclaimed Mexican ranch land and protect over 2000 acres of rain forest.  They've planted over three million trees which serve to offset the carbon emissions of over 20 thousand cars each day.  Pretty impressive numbers, huh?  A win-win approach like this just makes good sense.

The cutting board itself is beautiful.  I love the handle and find myself reaching for it every day.  It covers the right half of my stove so if I am doing food prep (raw or cooked) it makes for a handy work space.  When I'm done, I just rinse under warm water and go over it with a brush, dry it off and I'm ready for next time.  There are many different shapes and sizes to choose from.  Check Proteak cutting boards out HERE.

No comments: