Tuesday, March 9, 2010

KALLARI Organic Dark Chocolate

Meet one of my new favorite chocolates, Kallari.  This is dark chocolate that is completely smooth and I am loving it.   Sometimes dark chocolate can have a bitter aftertaste which I don't care for, but not this.  The packaging is also gorgeous and very gift-worthy.

Kallari is one of the few chocolates in the world made by a farmers' cooperative which produces and profits from its own chocolate production.  Kallari consists of 850 families indigenous to the Napo region of the Amazon in Ecuador.  The chocolate is specific to small family owned Kichwa farms and the flavors are distinct.

I love to enjoy and support products that are actually beneficial to the world.  Kallari helps to keep our rain forests alive by providing consistent income to locals so they are able to utilize their land in an eco friendly manner.  Find them HERE.

3 comments:

Sheena LaShay said...

If only I liked dark chocolate. What I need is some organic caramel. I can eat that ALL day.

Eco Mama said...

You know I never liked it either, too bitter! But I wanted those antioxidants so I just kept trying and now I like it! You might like this Kallari, it's really smooth, probably the smoothest I've tried.
xo
Eco Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm liking the sound of this... I'll have to keep an eye out for it!