Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is Here


Hiroshige (1797-1858)
Cherry Blossom From 100 Famous Views of Edo

I've always loved Spring.  The new life unfolding, the spirit of adventure and the bursts of color everywhere like flower fireworks.  Right now there is something that is making me sneeze but I'm enjoying it anyway.  I read this great post over at A Bitt of Raw yesterday and it brought back memories of a wonderful time I had in Japan a few years ago.  Just the word cherry blossom takes me right back there.

I'm a huge fan of Hiroshige and got to see some of his original work in person, including one of my favorite woodblock prints, Cherry Blossom from a series called 100 Famous Views of Edo.  It was a thrill and I remember it like it was yesterday.  Japan is a magical place.

Cherry blossoms are quintessential and beautiful symbol of Spring, a great time for new beginnings, for embarking on a challenge, a new project, a cleanse.  The liver is the corresponding organ for Spring and some choose to do a liver cleanse.  Some do spring cleaning at home, it's a great time to put away your warmer clothes and take out the Spring/Summer wardrobe and donate what you haven't worn in a while.  I'll be doing a little bit of all  of this.
Happy Spring everybody!

3 comments:

The EcoDiva said...

Happy Spring EcoMama...thank you for your beautiful posts...I look forward to sharing this beautiful season.
xoxo
Elena

bitt said...

thanks for the link! i get allergies too from the pollen. i have been using a salt lamp and it really helps. perhaps i will write about it to share my knowledge.

i so want to go to Japan sometime! In the meantime I will head to the Japanese garden and imagine.

Eco Mama said...

Thanks guys!
xo
Eco Mama