Sunday, March 21, 2010

FINE & RAW's Raw Organic MESQUITE CHOCOLATE BAR: Yippeee!

Want to try something completely unique in the world of chocolate?  I've just tried FINE & RAW's raw organic Mesquite chocolate bar and it's all I can do not to eat the whole thing.  The texture is fantastic, slightly grainy and not like any other chocolate I've ever had.  The flavor is mild but complex. 
There are layers of detectable notes.  When I saw the word mesquite, I thought it would be spicy or smokey, but it's not at all, just very different and exciting and mellow.  Interestingly, this is the one chocolate in their range that uses no sweeteners other than lucuma and yacon.  It is sweet, but in a very subtle way.  
I'm completely in love with it to the point of almost declaring it my favorite chocolate bar ever (I know better than to do that).  FINE & RAW is a refreshing and eco friendly company with aspirations to change the world throough chocolate and silliness.  Check them out HERE.  

5 comments:

bitt said...

great find! yacon and lucuma--good stuff.

Eco Mama said...

Thanks Bitt, it's wonderful stuff.
xo
Eco Mama

The EcoDiva said...

Please save some for meeeee!

Eco Mama said...

Too late Eco Diva!
xo
Eco Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh I've heard such great things about Fine and Raw, but when I finally found a bar for sale, I balked at the price. I'll have to suck it up and try it next time!