Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cocoa Crispies. Who says kids won't eat healthy?





I'm so stoked about my latest dehydrator adventure.  Cocoa Crispies!  This recipe is in RAW FOOD, REAL WORLD, by Sarm Melngailis and Matthew Kenney.  Buckwheat groats turn into crispies perfect for a raw living food breakfast for the kiddos.  I love it too and can't believe how easy it was to make.

Their version uses maple syrup--not technically raw, but you could substitute agave or stevia.  I'm obsessed with this book right now and my fabulous dehydrator,  been trying a new recipe almost every day.  Just add hemp or almond milk (made in about two seconds in the blender) and you're good to go.  For variations, add frozen raspberries or bannana.  I think this would be a great portable meal.

6 comments:

bitt said...

i love buckwheat-based cereals too. never made the crispies. what the heck am i waiting for? i've got buckwheat soaking!

Eco Mama said...

Yaay! Today I'm going to try apple cinnamon crispies.
xo
Eco Mama

bitt said...

mine are tasting kinda buckwheaty still. but they are not done yet. i hope i didn't wreck it by not adding as much sweetner. i usually reduce in most recipes.

Tough Cookie said...

Looks delicious!


Aww, thank you! I love my reality tv! I have just had a one track mind lately, especially now that I am with a new doctor that is very promising. Otherwise, I am totally normal!

Mary said...

That is adorable! And a cool tablecloth.

Eco Mama said...

Thanks Mary!
xo
Eco Mama