Monday, February 22, 2010

Microplane Box Grater and Protective Glove

I'm always on the lookout for ways to enhance vegetable prep, the more variety and texture, the better.  This Microplane Box Grater is a wonderful tool and is not your average grater, not by a long shot.  This is all you need to make an exciting salad with texture rich variations.

I love the chunky ergonomic handle and the protective cover.  This is a smart design keeping fingers safe when reaching for it, everything with blades should come with covers, but they don't, so this is a great feature.

These blades are super sharp and grating is effortless--so be careful because it goes very fast!  Each side has a different blade with one side being a mini mandoline and one side is removable for easy clean up.  The grater has rubber feet for stability, just place the grater on your cutting board or into a work bowl and go. Awesome grater!  You can find worthy seconds at a discounted price on their website, HERE.

And if you sometimes get distracted like I do, it wouldn't hurt to wear this protective cut resistant glove.  I've sliced my fingers before on mandolines and this is just a way to have some peace of mind.  I have small hands and was afraid it might be too big, but it was fine.  Find it HERE. 


3 comments:

bitt said...

ok if you need a glove that's got to be a serious grater. i love my small microplane and i bet this one is even mightier.

Anonymous said...

Heh, that protective glove is a very good idea... I've had some really bad accidents with a mandoline, so I should probably invest in one, too.

Eco Mama said...

Yep, it's pretty hard core. You don't need the glove, but if you tend to get distracted like I do (four year old), then it's not a bad idea!
xo
Eco Mama