Monday, August 31, 2009

Quell Back to School Anxiety with THE KISSING HAND



The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn, is a great antidote to back to school anxiety. Chester racoon is nervous about going back to school. So Mama Racoon teaches him a trick--the kissing hand--to ease his jitters.

I think this book is great for kids of all ages and any time mamas and their offspring have to be separated. My son loved the story (even though he is not nervous about school) and wants me to read it over and over. You can find it HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

While reading this post, my daughter walked by and informed me that her teacher read it to the class on the first day of school. I remember this from my pre-school teacher days and loved it. Thanks for reintroducing it to me!

Eco Mama said...

Thanks for visiting Mandy! It's such a sweet story, glad your daughter likes it too.
xoxo
Eco mama