Thursday, July 16, 2009

Product Review: OXO Salad Spinner--Awesome Summertime Kitchen Tool


I will tell you up front, this is expensive. But in my book, anything that encourages you to eat more greens is worth the money. I got this little salad spinner by OXO, and it has completely exceeded my expectations--I use it every single day.

The larger salad spinner was just too big for two people (one of whom is a four year old). This small(er) spinner is the perfect size to clean enough lettuce to make two Big salads. Before, I would try to clean my lettuce in the larger spinner and it would brown before I could eat it all. This one takes up less space in the fridge, it's more manageable, and there is no waste. It's also attractive to look at and you can serve in the stainless bowl. Forty bucks is a lot to spend, I know. But for me, it's worth every penny.

No comments: