Is your house so hot you don't want to turn on the stove? Ours is. The only thing cooking in here is us. Here are five fast and easy dinner ideas that won't heat up the house.
1. Tabouleh, hummus and pita. Serve with Kalamata olives. If you don't have time to make tabouleh, you can whip up a batch of hummus and serve it with pita or crackers and sliced cucumber. (a bowl of my hummus is pictured above)
2. Fresh Spring Rolls. Fill them with Thai basil, cilantro, mint, tofu, lettuce, sprouts, veggies, etc. Very refreshing.
3. Big Salad (remember Elaine on Seinfeld? "It's a salad--but Bigger"). Serve with some whole grain bread.
4. Sushi. It's always a good time for some fresh California rolls (minus the fake crab).
5. Sandwich. How about a little avocado, sprouts, lettuce, tomato on some whole grain bread? Serve with a tall glass of lemonade and some blue corn chips.