Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacu Vin Pineapple Slicer


If you like pineapple, you are going to Love this Vacu Vin Stainless Pineapple Slicer.  So often when I'm at the store I find myself eyeballing the pineapples and debating whether I want to make the commitment to prep it later.  More often than not, I don't want to bother with it.  And when I do buy the pineapple, it will usually end up rotting for that very reason.  I'm not lazy, I just don't like dealing with the pokey pineapple, the hard core and the mess.

I just tried this slicer, and I am thrilled!  It's completely effortless.  You just twist the bottom of the slicer into the pineapple until it's all the way in, then pull, and out come perfectly sliced pineapple rings!  It's really that easy, I can't believe it.  When you are done, there is a little pineapple juice left in the bottom to drink and perhaps a little--not much--meat left to scrape out and eat with a spoon.  And then you have a beautiful pineapple for drinks or serving vessel for tropical stir frys or raw foods, anything you can think of, brilliant!  Find it HERE.


This year we will be eating a lot more pineapple thanks to this.  It's stainless steel, sturdy and essential for anyone who loves pineapple.  It would be a wonderful addition to a raw foods kitchen and would make a great gift. Fabulous.  Find it HERE.

8 comments:

bitt said...

looks so pretty! i usually make a mess of the pineapple when i cut it. maybe i need one of these.

Eco Mama said...

Yes! You need one.
xo
Eco Mama

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

that's a pretty nifty gadget there!

Anonymous said...

I almost never buy whole pineapples because I find them so intimidating to break down, but this tool sounds like the perfect fix!

Anonymous said...

what will they think of next?

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks purely amazing :D
I want one now :D :D

Eco Mama said...

Thanks everybody for your comments.
xo
Eco Mama

Mary said...

That is the craziest gadget I have ever seen! I usually don't mind slicing a pineapple the old-fashioned way (they're worth it!), but that thing could be very fun at a party.