Thursday, April 15, 2010

AUSTIN AIR Allergy Machine Air Purifier


Is the pollen getting you down?  Are your eyes bothering you or do you wake up with sneezing fits?  As beautiful as Spring is, it brings with it a host of potential irritants.  This year my eyes were inflamed and it was really hard to wear contacts, and mornings were fraught with sneezing.  My five year old has also been a little sneezy.

Here is my solution to a good night's sleep when allergens are high--the Austin Air Allergy Machine.  Sleeping with the Allergy Machine on allows a more restful sleep and the absence of waking up stuffy and sneezy.  I have been using this for the last couple of weeks and there is a noticeable difference in how I feel upon waking and throughout the day.

Austin Air purifiers are medical and military grade, they're hard core.  They are great for people with asthma, and other chronic respiratory issues.  The HEPA filter removes 99.97% of airborne particulates larger than 0.3 microns, including pollen, dust, smoke, mold, spores, dust mite allergens, and pet dander which can be hard on the immune system.  We've all heard the stats that indoor air pollution is worse than outdoor, here is a great solution to that.

The Allergy Machine has three speeds, the highest sounds like a fan and the lowest is barely detectable.  I've been putting it on high for about an hour before bed time and then lowering it to medium.  I find the white noise soothing and helpful to block out external sounds, enhancing sleep.  The machine cleans the air in my bedroom four times per hour.

The appearance, as air filters go, I think is attractive.  It's just a simple box shape and I love the casters which allow for easy maneuverability.  They come in several colors to match your decor, they are energy efficient and come with a five year warranty.  The air filters are designed to last five years with normal household usage.  From my research, I think they are one of the more economical air purifiers out there with the most bang for your buck.

We filter our water, why not filter our air?  I think it's particularly important for the hours that we are sleeping.  This is when our bodies are rejuvenating and taking care of business. It just makes sense to me to give our immune systems a break so that our bodies can function optimally. Find the Allergy Machine HERE. 

4 comments:

Tough Cookie said...

Hi! Checking in to see how you are doing and wish you love and happiness!

Eco Mama said...

Right back atcha Tough Cookie!
xo
Eco Mama

Unknown said...

I want one of these, I've heard good things about Austin Air elsewhere too, glad it helped you. Thanks for sharing your results!

Eco Mama said...

Sure Carmen, thanks for stopping by!
xo
Eco Mama