Monday, April 5, 2010

TWIG, by Fat Brain Toys


The Easter Bunny brought my son this fabulous toy, TWIG, and though I thought at first he might be a little old for it at five, it was a hit.  There is enough going on with the interconnective blocks and endless possibilities that I think it works for a wide age range, making this a great value for purchase during that first year.  They'd probably do well on conference tables for meetings as even adults are more productive brainstormers when they have something interesting to play with.

The blocks are well made of renewable rubber wood and Twig comes with its own cotton bag for storage.  Toys always get huge points from me for addressing the storage issue and the bag is functional and cute.

I love the open ended play concept and Twig is perfect for building brain power and creativity and good old fashioned fun with a modern twist.  Find it HERE.

4 comments:

bitt said...

too old? no way! i could see 10 year olds playing that. even some 30 year olds, like yours truly.

Eco Mama said...

Right! Me too! But I wasn't sure at first, my son has several different wooden block sets. This one stands out and is more sophisticated than most.
xo
Eco Mama

The EcoDiva said...

Very cool blocks ;) I know a 4 & 1/2 yr old who would totally dig this.

xo

Eco Mama said...

I bet you're right EcoDiva!
xo
Eco Mama