Saturday, September 19, 2009

Game Night: Orchard by HABA



Weekends are great for game nights--it's so fun to pop in a veggie pizza and hang out at the table. The Orchard, from HABA, is a fun time for parents and kids ages 2-6. I love this game for several reasons, the first being its cooperative spirit. Players team up against the Raven, trying to get fruit from the orchard into baskets before the Raven gets it.

My four year old loves to make the "caw, caw" sound for the Raven and put the wooden fruit into the basket. I love the novelty of it being a German game and the fact that it has no plastic or toxic substances to worry about.

The Orchard is good for math skills, color recognition and camaraderie. Plus it's aesthetically pleasing and a little cheeky. A Raven and fruit, what's not to love? I think this should be a standard at pre-school as well as at home.

2 comments:

The EcoDiva said...

This is such a cute game. My 3 yr old son is totally into this.

I love Haba and the quality of the products.

I'd love to try some of the furniture..very creative.

Great post!

Eco Mama said...

I totally agree! Thanks for visiting.
xo
Eco Mama