Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cell Phone Radiation Report


When "the largest cell phone study in history" stated that even one cell phone call a week could increase your chance of brain cancer by up to 60%, I took it to heart. I do have a cell phone, but it's pretty much for emergency use, or a quickie "I'm here" type call. Not for conversations. For me it is not a big deal, I'd rather not talk on cell phones anyway but I definitely feel better having one with me should I need it.

There has been a lot of discussion recently about the effects on children and adults and whether cell phones cause brain cancer. Earlier this year, Finland asked parents to limit their children's cell phone usage.

The Environmental Working Group has testified in a senate hearing their findings over the last ten months, that cell phones increase tumors with long term use. There are simple steps that consumers can take to decrease this risk. You can go to the EWG site and read the report and list of the least/most harmful cell phones and do a search of your own cell phone to see how it rates on safety standards. The EWG has some good information and tips, to read more, go HERE.

No comments: