Friday, September 4, 2009

Best Ice Cream I've Ever Had. Ever.


I am not kidding. I took a bite of TEMPT Coconut Lime ice cream and my jaw dropped. It's not often I taste something that makes me feel like an excited child, but this stuff rocked my world. It's quite seriously the best ice cream I've ever had.

Until recently, since discovering coconut milk based ice cream, ice creams are a delicacy that I didn't really enjoy since I'm not a fan of rice and soy ice creams. Now there are some serious options. Tempt is made with hemp milk and after having the coconut ice cream, I really didn't expect much from the hemp. Not only did it knock my socks off, but hemp is good for you.

Normally, I try to stick with certified organic food here on Eco Mama's Guide, but I am making an exception as A--it's too good not to tell you about it, and B--most of the ingredients are indeed certified organic, and a rep at Living Harvest told me the hemp is also organic, but not certified, which is very common with hemp as it needs no pesticides to grow prolifically.

Hemp is such a sustainable, useful, nutritious earth friendly crop, whenever possible I love supporting companies that use it. You can find more information about Tempt and other Living Harvest foods HERE.

3 comments:

The EcoDiva said...

I've only tried one of these flavors & it was truly amazing!!

I'll have to try the others as well.

xo
EcoDiva

Eco Mama said...

You have to try the Coconut Lime, Eco Diva! Wish I had some right now.
xo
Eco Mama

The EcoDiva said...

I am eating the Coconut Lime right now...OH MY!!!! This is incredible.

xo
EcoDiva