Monday, August 2, 2010

Kelp Noodles: Perfect Summer Fare

Do you know about Kelp Noodles?  I got really excited about them a few months ago, but the way I was preparing them didn't really do it for me completely.  Then I learned how to make them properly and I'm hooked--big time.  It's all about the sauce and mixing them with other textures.
My current obsessions are pesto (as pictured) and a Thai version.  My pesto is very basic--just pine nuts, salt and basil in the food processor and the Thai version consists of raw almond butter and Thai spices and herbs. The noodles make for the perfect summer dish and the options are endless.  This is some serious raw food goodness, very filling and satisfying and I actually like it much better than your standard whole wheat or rice noodles.

You can also add them to heated food, for instance they make for a great noodle bowl.  Instead of rice noodles in your curry, these work great.  Find them HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to try these- I've seen them at my local raw food cafe, but they were so expensive, I couldn't justify the price. Thanks for the review though, I'll have to give them a taste sooner or later!

Eco Mama said...

I'd love to see what you would do with them Hannah!
Try 'em!
xo
Eco Mama