Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, Raw Vegan Ice Cream, and CSN Stores


CSN Stores is promoting their vast website and offered me this opportunity to shop their site and do a product/store review.   CSN Stores is a huge site offering loads of household items, kid stuff and everything from tea cups to twin beds, often at discounted prices.

My pick was this Ice Cream Maker by Cuisinart.   I have collected a stack of raw vegan ice cream recipes that I can't wait to try, but for my first attempt, I just blended some frozen strawberries, cashews and dates, then transferred it into the ice cream maker for about 30 minutes and voila, raw vegan ice cream!   It's that simple. (You do have to freeze the container over night and make sure all ingredients are either cold or frozen for it to work).  It was so good it disappeared faster than I could take photos.

During hot summer days I find frozen foods so satisfying and cooling.  It's a fun event for the family--kids love to add ingredients and enjoy the anticipation, and it would also be a hit for summer festivities (think Fourth of July).  Find CSN Stores HERE.

3 comments:

The EcoDiva said...

LOVED our strawberry ice-cream. What shall we make next???

Eco Mama said...

Ahhaha! Chocolate!
xo
Eco Mama

Anonymous said...

Another good one is: 1 ripe mango, 1 can of coconut milk, blend, and freeze. Yum!