Wednesday, March 2, 2011

AIR-O-SWISS AIR WASHER HUMIDIFIER

Indoor air quality during the winter can be problematic.  Air can become stale and heaters tend to create dry air in your house.  A humidifier is a great solution to this, helping with dry skin as well as typical cold symptoms that come along during the winter.  If you're sick, the moisture created by the humidifier can help make it easier for you to breathe and give releif to irritated sinus passages.  It can also help with coughing and dry sore throats.

In the past, I'd only used the warm mist type humidifiers.  You know the kind that have a steady stream of steam coming out?  I'd never heard of cool mist humidifiers before, but my recent experience with the AIR O SWISS AIR WASHER has me very impressed.

For one, you don't get that condensation all over your stuff that can happen with the other style.  The other thing I love is how easy it is to use.  It's very intuitive and straightforward.  You take it out of the box, remove the cardboard that's inside protecting the discs, fill up the water tank and turn it on.  It's that simple.

I love that there are no filters to replace.  You just take the discs out and clean them every two weeks or so (depending on your water quality) and clean out the insides.  It's easy.  The directions recommend using a product called EZ Cal for decalcification, and a sample is included for your first cleaning. 

If you'd like to add some fragrance (I think eucalyptus would be great for when you're sick), you just put some essential oil on a cotton ball and insert that into the little tulip shaped holder (seen in photo).

It's very quiet if you want it to be.  There are three speeds and on the lowest speed you can barely hear it.  I prefer the middle speed as I like the moderate white noise and find it soothing at night for falling asleep.

The machine itself is very good looking, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a humidifier that looked this cool. 


The only thing I wasn't crazy about is the location of the opening where you are to fill the tank.  It's on the back and it's awkward.  I found it easiest to fill it in the bathtub.  It's also impossible to get all the water out of the tank because of this poor location.  If the hole were on the top of the tank so that you could refill with a pitcher, and just turn it upside down to drain, that would be perfect. 

All in all, I really like the Air Washer.  They equate the machine to having a similar effect as rain and I'm excited to see how it will help with the pollen that drives me nuts in the Spring.  If you need a reliable humidifier to see you through the winter, check this out HERE.



Review Disclosure

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

hey, thanks for this review. we had a humidifier that didn't do much except make a mess! Condensation everywhere - the carpet was wet, etc. So yeah, we no longer have one but may have to check this one out. ;)

Eco Mama said...

Sure, thanks for reading.
xo
Eco Mama

Unknown said...

I wonder if anyone else could have put it better! Absolutely second every word written here. Great job.
Humidifier Air Conditioner