Friday, April 27, 2012

Sierra Designs Down Booties: Perfect for Camp

You know how at the end of the day when you're cozying up to a campfire and puttering around camp you totally don't want to be wearing hiking boots?  And unless you are in a really warm climate, flip flops (as packable as they are) are too cold.  I've got the perfect camp bootie for you:  the Sierra Designs Pull On Down Bootie

Why are they so great?  Because they will keep your feet warm and toasty and not take up much space/weight in your pack at 11 ounces.  Even if you're car camping, the less you have to carry, the better.  For a long time I was using my Acorn Summit Slippers and they were great, though too heavy to consider taking on a backpacking trip, they were fine for car camping.  As they wore out I bemoaned the fact that they're no longer available and wondered if I'd ever find camp slippers I liked again.

The Sierra Booties are actually an improvement because they are more versatile being much more suitable for travel and backpacking.   They're 700 down fill, making them light and warm.  The bottoms have a non skid sole, and the cuffs are fleece lined and adjustable.  They feel so good on tired feet, and they are cushiony, which is revitalizing.  I would not wear them in muddy or wet conditions, you'd wreck the bottoms and down isn't meant for that but if weather is wet, they're still great for inside the tent. You can really drive up your comfort level with minimal effort here.  They're even machine washable (front loader only) for easy care.  I Love these booties!  Find them HERE.